Monday, February 7, 2011

Uh, yeah...KILL BILL is a mash-up

I enjoyed this little mash-up I found over at the Impossibly Funky blog (by the way, one of the most compulsively readable film blogs out there).

I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan and this remix didn't come as a surprise but it is fun to see side by side comparisons of movies that Tarantino used as inspiration for KILL BILL VOL. 1.


Everything Is A Remix: KILL BILL from robgwilson.com on Vimeo.

I get the feeling that Impossibly Funky is not enamored with Tarantino (for example, read this), but that's really not the point. The truth is when people obsess over what they supposedly don't like, you end up wondering if they somehow feel threatened by this thing they dislike as opposed to seeing the points they're attempting to make (in the case of Tarantino, the director has never denied his influences or tendencies toward mash-up).

Anyway - thanks Impossibly Funky for posting the fun mash-up from Rob G. Wilson.

Makes me want to see not only the Tarantino movie again but all the films referenced!

2 comments:

  1. Thx for the shout out. If you want to know the whole story on why I'm not so enamored with Mr. Tarantino, feel free to check out my book: http://amzn.to/d8wAIX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike --

    I will check out your book. I used to scrounge around Tower Records looking for your magazine as well as SHOCK CINEMA - both informing my cinematic tastes (not to mention Tarantino's influence via his films. ;>)

    ReplyDelete